Music is a huge part of the solitary road trip. Playlist to and from Parsipanny: A single CD of stuff I’ve bought on iTunes. Over and over again. (Maybe I’m searching for some sort of trance state through repetition.)
- Fell in Love with a Girl – White Stripes
- Smoothie Song – Nickel Creek
- Night Train – Bruce Cockburn
- Looking at the World – Mike Doughty
- Groovy Train – The Farm
- Big Electric Cat – Adrian Belew
- Stoppin the Love – KT Tunstall
- Cry on Demand – Gomez
Aside from putting Jack White first, there’s no reason for the order, but it works for me. If I’d thought about it I probably would have thrown Sabotage (Beastie Boys) in there – the most played tune on my iPod.
In previous years I’ve traveled with The Bends (Radiohead) and White Ladder (David Gray).