1. Winning is great and losing stinks.
2. Drawing from a won position stinks, and drawing from a busted position is almost better than winning.
3. In order for you to win, your opponent has to play REALLY BADLY.
4. You will never understand the Gruenfeld, for either side.
5. Masters walking by your middlegame will show no interest. Masters walking by your endgame will stop and study the position.
6. Computer chess is an interesting computer issue but not an interesting chess issue.
7. Blitz hinders your growth.
8. Team tournaments are way better than individual tournaments.
9. The world championship will always be a mess, because money ruins everything.
10. Any time you study in a restaurant or public space, several people will walk up and say “Hey, who’s winning!” and guffaw at their own cleverness. This will continue until the day you die.