Today is the official launch day of MyFreshLocal, a website built almost entirely by one person: my wife. It’s quite an amazing feat and I hope you’ll take a look.
Type your zip code in the Finder box on the right side of the home page and you’ll get a list of farmers’ markets and restaurants in your area featuring local food. A very cool feature, though it’s only the tip of the iceberg. There are a bunch of different types of information — original articles like How to use all your farm share vegetables by my former co-worker Sarah Scalet; people pages like Michael Pollan’s showcasing their writing and videos, and so on.
Whether you’re a so-called locavore or just a person looking for great restaurants and recipes, it’s got lots of great stuff. Check it out.
AND If you like it as much as I hope you will, I’d be eternally grateful for any support you can show:
- ‘Like’ and/or share myfreshlocal on Facebook
- Link to something interesting from your blog
- Tweet it if that’s your thing
- Write an article about gardening or CSAs or local recipes you love
- Sign up for a newsletter and forward it to anyone who might have interest
- Point out glossary terms that should be added
She’s poured hundreds of hours into the development work and it will be fun to watch the site grow even further from here.